Now that you’ve decided to list your property with us and take advantage of the awesome marketing power of the MLS by putting your property in front of thousands of potential buyers and agents, you don’t want to do anything that will deter a Realtor from showing your house to their buyers.
FSBO signs are a sure fire way to turn off a Buyer Agent from showing your house to their buyer.
- Buyer Agents are driving around all day and equate a FSBO sign to NO COMMISSION. They will pass over showing your house to their buyer.
- Buyer Agents will be afraid that their buyer will circumvent them and contact the seller directly in an attempt to cut out their commission. This may sound good in theory to you as the seller, but a Buyer Agent won’t bother showing your house at all, which means you’ve lost an opportunity.
- If a Buyer Agent finds your property in the MLS and then shows up with their buyer to tour your home, this will certainly turn them off. This is why agents commonly drive away when they see a FSBO sign and the seller wonders why the agent didn’t show up for the scheduled showing.
What types of people does a FSBO yard sign attract?
- Listing Agents that aren’t representing a buyer and only want to list your property. These will be endless calls of listening to why you should list with them for a 6% commission. (Here’s a secret…they will list you in the EXACT same MLS that we can and it will syndicate to all the SAME 3rd party websites such as Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, etc.)
- Unqualified buyers (“tire kickers”) that will waste your valuable time. These types of “buyers” generally have bad credit and no money, so they look for sellers who will owner finance or enter into a lease option agreement.
- Wholesalers or “investors” who attended a weekend seminar and that are taught to call tons of FSBOs to try and find a seller to sign a contract to your house for no money down. These “investors” want to tie up your property for 30-45 days for a significant discount (usually 70% or less of your house value) and then try to assign it to a buyer.
Click here to order a professional real estate yard sign from us!